The footrest of a Lazyboy recliner is very important, since it provides much needed support for the legs and enhances its comfort levels, allowing you to achieve maximum relaxation. But one of the most common problems associated with any recliner is that the footrest can get broken, leading to many frustrations instead of enabling you to just sit back and relax. Read on as we discuss tips for repairing a broken footrest, as well as provide a list of replacement parts.
Footrest Stuck in Up Position? Use WD40
When you turn the lever of a Lazyboy recliner, the mechanism located at the bottom should release the footrest and lock it into position. When you turn it again, the mechanism should release it and return it to its original position. But what if this fails and the handle doesn’t release the footrest? Use the lubricant WD40. Do the following steps:
– Flip the recliner over and loosen all the screws that attach the metal to the wooden frame.
– Place a rag or cloth over the material underneath the chair to avoid getting lubricant on the cushions.
– Spray the WD40 on all the chair’s movable joints.
– Try the handle again to see if it will release the footrest, which it should at this point.
– Get a can of 3-in-1 oil and place a drop on each of the joints so that they remain lubricated. Be sure to use another rug or cloth to wipe any residual oil.
– Flip the chair over and your footrest should be able to go up and down with no problem.
Stuck Footrest Adjustments
The footrest can be either all the way down or all the way up with positions in between. Sometimes when it fails to go back down, it could be failing to go down to one of the in-between positions. What you can do, if you don’t mind, is make a few adjustments to the footrest’s mechanism so that it goes all the way up or all the way down without stopping in between. Do the following steps:
– Flip the chair over and locate the ratchet that locks the footrest in the in-between positions.
– Remove the part/bar that is attached to the ratchet and the front of the chair by dissembling it, removing its pins and springs.
– Test the footrest, and you should see that it either goes all the way up or all the way down – no in-between positions – now that the ratchet is free.
Here’a a great video explaining the whole process:
Footrest Won’t Lock in Place or Won’t Stay Up?
Sometimes when you pop the footrest, it doesn’t stay up at all or falls right back down when you put the weight of your feet on it. What you must do if this happens is flip the chair over to inspect the mechanism and see if its spring is okay. The spring is what provides the tension needed to keep the footrest open or closed by holding it in place. It can sometimes break or get too overstretched. The only solution is to remove it and purchase a replacement spring to get the tension back in the mechanism.
Buy Footrest Parts
Here’s some useful items for your recliner footrest that you can buy online.
Purchasing a Lazyboy recliner is a huge investment, and you should be able to enjoy all the benefits it provides without limitations – footrest included. The above mentioned footrest problems are not specific to old recliners, as they can affect new ones as well. This makes it necessary to know how to repair the problem and what replacement part can help fix or assist you in accessing the footrest easier.
Are you in the market for a Lazyboy recliner but don’t know which one to get? What may seem like a simple decision can become a head-scratching dilemma, with all the different models that are available. Lazyboys are stylish and comfortable, making for a good addition to any living space for maximum relaxation – it is no wonder that you want to get one. Read on because we have narrowed it down for you to the top five choices for 2017.
1. Tripoli Reclina-Rocker Recliner
2. Intermission PowerReclineXR+ Reclina-Rocker Recliner
3. Coleman PowerReclinerXR Reclina-Rocker Recliner
4. Gabe Recline-Rocker Recliner
5. Beckett Reclina-Glider Swivel Recliner
There are many great choices in 2017 when it comes to Lazyboy recliners, and each and every one of these would make a great addition to your current furniture. But it all boils down to personal preference, and we hope we have made the decision easier for you.
With the style and comfort that a Lazyboy recliner provides, every living room, family room and bachelor pad can benefit from it in terms of aesthetics and functionality. Being able to lay back after a hard day’s work and relax is what makes owning a Lazyboy recliner worth it. That is why when your feet aren’t touching the ground, you get frustrated, since you are unable to relax properly. This is a problem that you need to fix as soon as possible.
Pitch Needs Adjustment
The base of the Lazyboy recliner may be too high from the ground, and this is what prevents your feet from touching the floor. To solve this, the pitch needs to be adjusted downwards to lower the base.
Perform the steps below to adjust the chair’s pitch:
– You need to gain access to the chair’s mechanism, which is located underneath its base. Flip the chair over in order to do this.
– Loosen the back screws on either side of the mechanism without removing it.
– Remove the front screws from the mechanism on either side.
– For the recliner to pitch downwards, grab the frame and slide it forward. This will lower the base.
– In the front of the base, there is a slot with grooves in it. You can place the front screws on the grooves on either side to determine the base setting for the pitch. There should be five grooves, which allows for up to five base settings.
– After the base settings are set, make sure that the back and front screws are tightened before turning the chair back over.
– Test to ensure the problem has been fixed (your feet are able to touch the floor).
In order to see how to perform the above mentioned steps, the video below shows how simple performing the steps actually is. It takes you through the whole process of adjusting the pitch, with explanations of what is happening, and you can follow along to make sure that the recliner’s pitch is set downwards properly.
Your Height is the Problem or the Recliner Just isn’t for you
You might also just have to accept that you are too short if your feet don’t touch the ground after you have adjusted the Lazyboy recliner’s pitch. Purchasing a footrest may be a better option for you in this case. You can also return the chair and get another model that suits you better or get a refund if the footrest is not an option.
Purchase a Footrest
This is the best option if you are unable to perform a pitch adjustment. A footrest will easily restore the comfortability of the Lazyboy recliner by making sure your feet get the support they need, allowing you to relax better. On top of that, it will help with active sitting by enabling you perform the rocking motion and will also increase blood circulation to the legs.
It is hard to achieve maximum relaxation in your Lazyboy recliner when your feet don’t touch the ground. Not to mention that this can potentially cause back and circulation problems in the long-run. You need to get the best sitting experience you can from your Lazyboy recliner and ensure that your feet are adequately supported.
The best thing about power electric recliners is how simple they are to use, right? But since they have all those electric parts that make that possible, they must be very difficult to maintain. Well, guess again! Thanks to the fact that most chairs of this kind are manufactured using the exact same parts, they are actually very easy to repair. Here are the three most common issues with power electric recliners, as well as a description of the replacement parts people usually buy.
Almost 80% of malfunctions happen because of loose in-line plugs. The first sign of this being the problem is the fact that your chair stopped working while in the open position. If that is the case, use a flashlight to check its underside. You will be looking for any loose connections in the wiring that goes around the base. Once you have spotted it, the only thing you will have to do is reconnect and secure it with electrical tape.
Power surges and electrical storms
These are the second most common cause of problems with power electric recliners. To determine whether this is the case, look for the green light that should be located somewhere on your chair. If it is still on, you will have to continue with your diagnostics, but if it is out, there is definitely a problem with the power supply. This means you will have to get a replacement transformer.
If you notice a problem while the recliner is closing, especially if one of the signs are sparks, there is probably a cut on one of the wires. Take your flashlight and check the underside of the chair to locate it. If you see one, take the loose strands and wrap them around each other to reconnect the wire. Finish by securing the spot with electrical tape.
The most commonly bought replacement parts:
In conclusion, repairing your power electric recliner is not as difficult as it might sound. It is likely that you will have to spend no more than half an hour to resolve the issue, whatever it might be. And once you have done that, you will be able to relax just as you did before you were interrupted.