With the style and comfort that a Lazyboy recliner provides, every living room, family room and bachelor pad can benefit from it in terms of aesthetics and functionality. Being able to lay back after a hard day’s work and relax is what makes owning a Lazyboy recliner worth it. That is why when your feet aren’t touching the ground, you get frustrated, since you are unable to relax properly. This is a problem that you need to fix as soon as possible.
Pitch Needs Adjustment
The base of the Lazyboy recliner may be too high from the ground, and this is what prevents your feet from touching the floor. To solve this, the pitch needs to be adjusted downwards to lower the base.
Perform the steps below to adjust the chair’s pitch:
– You need to gain access to the chair’s mechanism, which is located underneath its base. Flip the chair over in order to do this.
– Loosen the back screws on either side of the mechanism without removing it.
– Remove the front screws from the mechanism on either side.
– For the recliner to pitch downwards, grab the frame and slide it forward. This will lower the base.
– In the front of the base, there is a slot with grooves in it. You can place the front screws on the grooves on either side to determine the base setting for the pitch. There should be five grooves, which allows for up to five base settings.
– After the base settings are set, make sure that the back and front screws are tightened before turning the chair back over.
– Test to ensure the problem has been fixed (your feet are able to touch the floor).
In order to see how to perform the above mentioned steps, the video below shows how simple performing the steps actually is. It takes you through the whole process of adjusting the pitch, with explanations of what is happening, and you can follow along to make sure that the recliner’s pitch is set downwards properly.
Your Height is the Problem or the Recliner Just isn’t for you
You might also just have to accept that you are too short if your feet don’t touch the ground after you have adjusted the Lazyboy recliner’s pitch. Purchasing a footrest may be a better option for you in this case. You can also return the chair and get another model that suits you better or get a refund if the footrest is not an option.
Purchase a Footrest
This is the best option if you are unable to perform a pitch adjustment. A footrest will easily restore the comfortability of the Lazyboy recliner by making sure your feet get the support they need, allowing you to relax better. On top of that, it will help with active sitting by enabling you perform the rocking motion and will also increase blood circulation to the legs.
It is hard to achieve maximum relaxation in your Lazyboy recliner when your feet don’t touch the ground. Not to mention that this can potentially cause back and circulation problems in the long-run. You need to get the best sitting experience you can from your Lazyboy recliner and ensure that your feet are adequately supported.